If you are applying for a visa, you must be aware of the fact that a number of documents are required for an Australia Visa. But arranging these documents can be overwhelming at times. But you don’t have to worry because Edutrainex is here to guide you through the documents needed for the visa.
Further, if you want to know about the Australia Visa in detail, you can watch our video or read it on our blog. There are different requirements for each visa type; some may be mandatory, while others may be optional. As a result of knowing about the documents the application process is much easier.
The following documents will be required when you apply for a visa to Australia:
- Australian Visa Form.
- Paid Visa Fee.
- One Identity Picture.
- National Identity Card.
- Police Certificate.
- Family Certificates
- Evidence of Financial Means.
- Health Insurance.
- Authorized Recipient Form.
- Evidence of Temporary Stay
- Detailed Itinerary.
- Accommodation Reservations.
- Employer Permission Letter.
- Invitation Letter.
When you apply for an Australian visa, you must have a valid passport (at least 6 months before its expiration date). Additionally, scanned and colored copies of your passport pages should be submitted with your application. It is also necessary for you to submit copies of your previous passports.
Application for Australian Visa
With attention to the visa, the applicants must submit an Australia visa application form. Then, select the appropriate form for your visa type. Explicitly, online applicants can find the selection of forms in their ImmiAccounts. When applying in person, you must download and fill out the correct form.
Collection of Identity Photographs and Biometrics
Your Australian visa application photo has to follow specific guidelines without doubt. If you want to know about these guidelines in detail, then you can watch our video. Your biometric data may also need to be submitted with your visa photo in some cases.
Please note that depending on the visa subclass for which you are applying, you may need to submit more pictures.
The national identity card
Then, a scanned copy of your national ID card must be submitted with your other documents if you possess one. It may not be necessary depending on the type of visa or your country of residence, so please check with the nearest Australian authority.
If you hold more than one national ID card (more than one citizenship/residency), please submit the national ID card of the country you are currently residing in.
You must provide proof of your good character when applying for a visa. In other words, you have to be completely honest about your criminal activity on your application (before or after) and you have to submit a police certificate at some point during the application process. The Australian Immigration Office at the Department of Home Affairs will use this certificate for the purpose of determining whether you meet the character requirements.
A valid copy of a birth certificate, marriage license, divorce papers, and adoption papers (if applicable) may also be required. Additionally, you may need a certificate if you have legally changed your name.
If you intend to travel to Australia on your own, you must demonstrate that you can afford to do so. You can include:
- Bank statements.
- Audited accounts.
- Pay slips.
- Credit card limit.
- Taxation records.
- Evidence of support from family members (student visa and family visa).
In the event that someone invites you and they are sponsoring your trip, you must provide evidence that your sponsor has enough financial means.
Paying the visa fee
Payment must be verified before your visa application can be reviewed. The payment must be made through an ImmiAccount, but if you cannot submit it online, you must contact the Australian embassy in your country to see if you can make the payment there.
The Australian government strongly encourages visitors to purchase private health insurance before traveling to Australia, even if it is not a requirement. However, health insurance guidelines are specific to some visa types. In addition, Australian officials may require visitors to submit recent health exams or tests, but this depends on several factors.
Authorized Recipient Form
This form must be filled out and submitted with your application if someone is helping you with your visa application.
Proof of Temporary Stay
In case your visa type requires a temporary stay, you must provide evidence that you can meet the conditions. Once your visa expires, you must prove that you will leave Australia due to prior commitments in your country, such as your work or family. Your employer may also provide you with a commitment letter or a valid work contract. Though, long-term visas and continuous work visas are not subject to this requirement.
Itinerary in detail
Furthermore, an itinerary of all your visits must be attached to your visa application. In addition to the dates and places you plan to visit, the itinerary should include information about the purchased tickets and how long you plan to stay.
Arrangements for accommodation
When applying for the visa, you must provide evidence of any accommodations you have made for your stay. The documents should markedly include hotel reservations, rental agreements, private lodging, Airbnb settings, or proof that you are staying with family or friends in Australia.
A letter from the employer
Travel permission must also be obtained from your employer if you are employed.
Letter of Invitation
A letter of invitation written by your host is required when you are invited to visit a family member or friend in Australia. An invitation letter is also necessary if you are invited to work (work visa).
Requirement of Documents for Minors Applying for an Australia Visa
Persons under the age of 18 must submit the following documents if they are applying for any Australian visa:
- Letter of consent from parents/legal guardians.
- Filled in and signed the permission form.
- Statutory declaration.
- A declaration of undertaking (when the minor applicant will be staying with an adult family member/friend in Australia).
Student Requirements in Australia
Students who want to apply for a visa to study in Australia must submit these documents for their application:
- Confirmation of Enrolment.
- School enrolment for dependents.
- Health insurance.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant
Australian Work Requirements
The following documents are required for a work visa in Australia:
- Work Itinerary (for freelance work).
- Work Contract.
- Sponsorship Letter (for sponsored work).
- Copy of Work License.
Guidelines for Documents required for Australia Visa
You must submit all of your documents in English. It is necessary to have your documents translated by a verified translator, but make sure you include the original version along with the translated one.
The National Accreditation Authority of Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) requires accredited translators to translate your documents if you live in Australia. Translators outside of Australia must provide their full name, address, telephone number, and qualification information.
If you are asked for original copies of your documents, please do not provide them. Documents can be scanned, colored, and submitted electronically. The only documents that can be original versions are police clearances.
Application Guidelines for Online Australia Visas
In order to apply online for an Australia visa, you must attach the following documents:
- Carefully scan both sides of each document.
- If the original is also in color, scanned copies must be in color.
- You can attach files up to 5MB in size with the different extensions. If you want to know about these extensions then you can watch our video.
- Multiple page documents must be in a single PDF file.
- Depending on the application, you can upload 30 to 60 documents.
- Images must be up to 500Kb in size.
- Both sides of the image must be scanned.
- Encrypted and compressed files are not accepted.
Guidelines for paper applications
The original copies of your family certificates, such as birth certificates, marriage licenses, adoption papers, etc., must be submitted with your paper application for an Australia visa.
Verifying the documents required for Australia Visa: How to do it?
Make copies of your documents first. Then verify both versions with a third party. Verification of your documents must include the following statement: “This is a certified true copy of the original as sighted by me”.
The certifier may write the statement on the first page and his or her initials on each subsequent page if there is more than one page. The verifier must provide the following information:
- Full name.
- Phone Number.
- Their Address (not obligatory).
- The Date of the Verification.
You should also have your photographs verified. Your verifier should explicitly write or stamp on the back of each photograph: “This is a true photograph of (insert your full name)” and signed by the certifier.
Who Can Verify the Documents required for Australia Visa?
It is mandatory that either an Australian citizen or a citizen from your home country verify your documents. Any of the following occupations must be available to them, and they cannot be related to you or have any personal relationship with you:
- Australian consular officer or Australian diplomatic officer (check if this service is available at your nearest Australian embassy or consulate)
- Bank officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
- Commissioner for affidavits
- Building society officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
- Clerk of court
- Credit union officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
- Finance company officer with 5 or more years of continuous servic
- Commissioner for declarations
- Fellow of the National Tax Accountant’s Association
- Judge of a court
- Justice of the peace
- Legal practitioner (licensed or registered)
- Member of Engineers Australia, other than at the grade of student
- Master of a court
- Medical practitioner
- marriage celebrant licensed or registered under Subdivision C of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961
- Member of the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants
- Member of the Parliament of the Commonwealth, a State, a Territory Legislature, or a local government authority of a State or Territory
- Member of the Australian Defence Force with 5 or more years of continuous service.
- Minister of religion licensed or registered under Subdivision A of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961
- Permanent employee of Australian, state or local government authority with at least 5 or more years of continuous service.
- Member of Chartered Secretaries Australia
- Permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with 5 or more years of continuous service
- Registrar or deputy registrar of a court
- Police officer
- Veterinary surgeon
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants or the Institute of Public Accountants
- Teacher employed on a full-time basis at a school or tertiary education institution
Therefore, no matter the visa type you are applying for, you need to be aware of all the required documents. I am sure nobody wants to get his or her visa rejected just because of the lack of papers or not following the guidelines. Further, I hope that this blog will serve your purpose if you need our help, then you can contact us at the number given on your YouTube Channel.